Happy Easter!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Here are some beautiful flowers sent by WCM's parents for Easter. I never knew how nice hyacinth smelled until now. The flowers have bloomed, making our whole apartment smell like spring!



We've been trying new low-heat, light recipes for summer. WCM introduced me to a simple rubbed salt & pepper chicken - delicious! Tonight I tried "Summer Chicken Sauté with Tomato-Basil Sauce" and realized that the husband's not the biggest fan of capers.

We're also preparing for three weddings and a trip to California. Between our jobs and personal commitments, we don't have a free weekend until Memorial Day (though I work that day itself). Perhaps it's funny, but I did think that life would slow down a bit after the wedding - not so! We are learning to budget and prioritize and are feeling really grateful to be with each other. Life is so much better this way!

Colleague's wedding


And every now and then, we kick back with a beer...

Blending the flavors...