The kiddo is head down and has his back to my left side. He really enjoys kicking and punching, especially when he can feel my desk pressing into his space. He also enjoys stretching out his limbs as far as he can - all at the same time - while I'm talking to other people. Yes, it's a little distracting, but apparently he thinks it's great fun.
We are really hoping that everything goes normally (contractions don't start until 39 weeks, he turns correctly during labor, etc.) After taking our Lamaze classes last weekend, I'm really hoping that things can progress naturally and that I can handle them, though we're definitely open to taking drugs if necessary. The epidural procedure is really scary to me, especially because we heard of two men fainting while watching the process. Not cool! The teacher claimed that women who practice Lamaze breathing & relaxation techniques rate their labor pains at levels 3, 4, and 5, while others who do not use breathing & relaxation techniques rate their labor pains at levels 8, 9, and 10. Having not gone through it myself, I have no idea what to expect, but Rich is an amazing coach so far. One month and counting...
You will do just great. And so will Rich. I'm scared of epidurals too. Thankfully my back is behind where my eyes can see so I didn't have to watch it!
Post a Comment