 |
| Sauteed Scallops. |
I never knew just how much one could enjoy eating out -- fine dining in particular -- until making three meals a day became part of my job description. Now I have a much greater appreciation for a well-made meal. These sauteed scallops, for example, require the right temperature and time for both the seafood itself and the crusted-almond top. I've tried to make smaller scallops before and they became overdone and rubbery -- kind of like overdone calamari. Not nice. And given the price of seafood, one wants to get it right the first time!
 |
| Crème Brûlée - yum! |
Sometimes, though, it just helps to dine at a restaurant. My sister and I took our friend, Holly, out for her birthday on Saturday night. We enjoyed tapas-style American dishes at a new place in McLean called
Evo Bistro. They offered lots of salads, wines, cheeses, and many gluten-free dishes. We really had a great time and shared discoveries about health, kids, work, life, and travel. It's just so refreshing to do this from time to time. Thanks to the husbands for babysitting!
Post a Comment