After three moves, two power outages, and zero flooding, we are back at home and anxious to get on a schedule again! (Rich's office was actually closed for two days.) This storm had the potential of being much worse here than it actually was.
Meanwhile, we celebrated Grandma's 29th (?) birthday indoors. I (Read: Carvel) made this awesome ice cream cake. Happy birthday, Mom!!!
Pardon the phone blogging. Rich is on the computer trying to catch up.





Glad to hear you are alright! Thanks for posting the pictures. Your mom looks like she is having a great time by you. I know she misses all of you and was really looking forward to this trip. We saw the pictures of Sandy's destruction. She sure did a lot of damage! What did Isaac think of it all? Maybe he was a little oblivious to it? I'm sure there was a lot of excitement while it was going on, wondering what it would do. We just had cooler weather and it was windy today. I have to admit that I actually listened to Christmas carols this afternoon when I was home. I guess the cold, overcast weather put me in the mood.
Isaac was a little out of sorts. We carried him through the rain quite a bit -- under an umbrella -- and it was really raining! He's glad to be back home. I'm just so grateful that we can finally go outside again. It literally rained nonstop for three days!!!
It does finally feel like Christmas is near, doesn't it? I think we're on to cooler weather for the rest of the year...
Post a Comment