Somehow, Dear Husband found time to buy me some handmade soaps, natural chocolate mint gelato, and a couple of phenomenal cuts of beef tenderloin. I took a 3-hour nap (3rd trimester!) and was completely spoiled today. We went to the early Mass and popped into IHOP before the mad-rush. It was our first time in a while attempting a non-fast-food-place with the boys. Their good-behavior limit is about 15 minutes. It's a good thing IHOP has fast service!
The boys had some germinating flower sets to give me. (Thank you, Grandpa A!) They are watered and sitting in the sun. If all goes well we will have marigolds and pansies to add to our flowers around the house. The boys love watching this process.
We also have a dear friend staying with us while she finishes her job and prepares to move to Florida. She watches the boys a bit, which has given us more opportunities to go out on dates. DH suggested something new last night: mini-golf! Our night weather has been perfect lately -- 70's with a little breeze. The mosquitoes haven't hatched yet (knock on wood). So it's definitely the time of year to be outside in the evening!
I'll put a belly shot on here soon. We are almost "full term." I'm so ready to have this baby! One friend put it this way, "I'd gladly take labor over 9 months of pregnancy." Lucky for women, we get both.
DH deserves a shoutout for his grilling prowess. Charcoal grills are tricky. He's been at it for a year and now regularly produces perfect beef and hot dogs. This particular steak was off the scale. I believe Test Kitchen calls this medium-well:
(Excuse my dirty plate!) Everything was juicy and tender and flavorful. Thanks to that smokey charcoal-grill flavor, this meat was better than anything I've ever had at a restaurant.




Post a Comment