Daylight Saving Time

Friday, November 6, 2015

---------------
Andre: Mom, why is it so dark outside?
---------------
 
 
---------------
Overheard: Boys, I've got something to tell you. The government plays this game where they cut off one end of the sheet, sew it on the other end, and call it "longer." But it's really the same size.
---------------
 
 
---------------
Andre at 5:15pm: Mom, why is it dark outside?
Mom: Because the earth is tilting away from the sun. That happens as we get closer to winter. The days will get shorter for the next six weeks. Then they will get longer again.
Andre: Mom, why is it dark outside?
Mom: Because it's almost winter, Honey.
Andre: Mom, why is it dark outside?
---------------
 
 
---------------
 New Sitter: You know I learned this trick to help get kids to nap. You don't force them to nap, but make them sit in their rooms for quiet time for an hour. Nine times out of ten they fall asleep. (Said as I relieved her and all the kids were sleeping.)
9:00pm Isaac: Mom, I can't sleep. Can you come chit chat with me?
10:00pm Isaac: Mom I can't sleep. Can you come chit chat with me?
10:30pm Isaac: I'm having trouble sleeping.
Mom: You are never taking a nap again!
6:30am Isaac: Hi, Mom! I woke up! I'm awake!!!
Mom: You are NEVER taking another nap again.
---------------
 
 
---------------
Andre: Mom, why is it dark outside?
---------------
Theresa said...

Ha ha! They are definitely lively:-)

Monica said...

Haha! I laughed so hard reading this!!