I was challenged on Facebook to do a black and white photo week (one photo/day). It got me thinking: what makes a good black and white photo? Presumably high contrast. But, what else? I don't prefer black and white photos in most situations. These are what I came up with. I'm posting for my own record. [We were not supposed to include people, which was impossible for me.]
| This is his real personality. He stared out the window, deep in thought, all the way to Linden yesterday. |
"No explanation" was one of the rules. That's one thing I love about photography. One can tell a story without saying anything. It's difficult to be misunderstood through a photo, unlike real life. Of course, photos can be misleading sometimes, but not to the degree that other forms of communication can be.
| Hancock Building, Chicago. |
The focus is off here, but I love the image anyway.
| Georgetown Neighborhood Library. |
We played a lot of this last week!
| Part of DH's Monopoly trophy. |
I was taking myself too seriously. So, I included a phone photo, which was blurry but captured my real life!
![]() |
| What people mean when they tell me, "You're outnumbered." Well, actually, God is on my side. So, no, I'm not. And, let's face it: He's driving this crazy train! |
I thought this one was interesting in black and white; but I still prefer it in color:
![]() |
| Draken Harald Harfagre, Viking Ship. |
Our sweet Irish-twin wanna-bes:
| They are perfectly matched. She loves to smother him. He loves to hold his ground. They make each other laugh all day. |
----------------------------------------------------------------
Outtakes:
I could not get the lighting much brighter without removing detail here. We are thinking about buying Lightroom for Christmas. I'm sure that would help with something like this.
One of our children makes these all day long.
This is a creation all his own.
I didn't want anyone assuming/judging my politics. So, I did not post DH's gifts from friends, but they look cool in high contrast.




Post a Comment