More "Homeschooling"

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

I don't dare call this fully homeschooling because I didn't plan or prepare the curriculum or any of the materials. However, it is a lot more work than normal. I'm mostly enjoying the extra time with the kids. So much good will come out of this period. We are forced to think about what our real necessities are. The kids are talking to us more because they're not as exhausted after working hard all day at school. We are eating better and making more food from scratch.


The Eldest has a conference call with his teacher and class every morning at 8:30. They correct some of the previous day's work and prepare for the rest of the school day. He's enjoying seeing his friends. All the kids are happy to see each other.


Here are a few moments of diligence. It's still true that nothing happens without supervision at these ages. But here is proof that we got a few things done!


Homeschooling is exhausting.