Mother's Day 2021

Sunday, May 9, 2021

 Happy Mother's Day to our moms!


We had to send flowers and spend the day with our kids this year. DH asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. All I really wanted was to go out to breakfast with the family. Pop Pop generously paid. (Thank you, Grandpa!)

DH insisted on me including a photo of myself. The good news is: despite a terrible diet and zero exercise for the past 3 months, I passed the gestational diabetes screening (the 3 hour one). Pregnancy is no fun; but it's totally worth it!


We picked a place with no line and ocean seating; and arrived at 7am, which allowed us to avoid crowds. We reminded ourselves that we "pay for the weather" as one of Ricky's L&D nurses told us about living here. Mornings like these make it all worth it!


He asked for this photo:


My favorite man:


The next 3 photos give you a good idea of what the "twins" are like together:




"Whose order is that?" asked the Engineer. Yes, we also had a lot of people say, "Happy Mother's Day!" and a few made positive comments about big families. The early crowd is the best. <3


Thank you for the flowers, Aunts R&C!



And thank you for the cards and Mass novenas, Mom & Dad and Aunt M!

Gratuitous love from the kids, thanks to their incredible teachers:


The Firstborn made a really heartfelt note for his teacher for teacher appreciation week. He showed me but didn't want anyone else to see. It's nice to observe how he's maturing.


Mr. Serious was elated to give me this gift he made. He couldn't wait until Sunday and passed it to me at pickup after school on Friday. I love the kids' first gifts. They capture a moment of sweetness and innocence that carries me through the tough ones:


Sweet Pea was hardly less ecstatic. She kept telling me they were making a "surprise" and "drew their hands" and "shrunk them;" and I would stop her and ask if she wanted to keep it a surprise or tell me the whole thing right then. Then, she told me more details. She really enjoys making me things:



The Engineer made some things at school and some things at home. He put them into a "mother's day packet" and put that into a zip-lock bag in his backpack, and brought it to brunch. DH told him to have me open the gifts in the car. LOL.


I'll have to think carefully about this one:





Notice a food theme in the below:



I was told to open this one last: