Hodge Podge

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

She continues to be baby crazy. Her little brothers are so lucky.

Thank you, Aunt Monica, for replacing this St. Kateri rosary, which was clenched in my right hand when they needed to start my "a-line" for the transfusion right after birth. We did not recover it. However, St. Kateri was with me. Of that I'm certain.


The pain meds have kicked in. Or, the pain is lessening. Either way, I've been able to sleep without waking up due to pain. This happened at about day 10 post-op. (Previous c-sections were noticeably better after 5 days.) I'm hopeful that things will continue to get a little better each day. Here are some beautiful flowers from my best friend from grade school and my oldest sister. They make me happy when I exit my bedroom. They're in the foyer where everyone can enjoy them.


DH has been super dad. 
We are so grateful for his generous paternity leave. 


So many friends have pitched in to help us! F5's godparents took the kids for my weekend in the hospital. Another school friend took the Big 3 for an afternoon while I was being discharged:


We've had meals brought every day, which continues for another week-and-a-half; then, we have meals every other day for another month. They are so incredibly helpful! The Engineer's assistant teachers came over with a huge box of In-N-Out burgers the day they heard about our delivery. The Firstborn's teacher sent him a lovely note and a care package. We are truly humbled and so grateful! We could not do this without significant support.


I sit in my office often and contemplate the mercy of God in keeping me alive -- and what a gift it is to be here. Thank you for all the prayers, notes, words of encouragement, etc.! They make a difference. +