We had some visitors in town for the March for Life last weekend.
Fox News followed the event with some specifics. It was huge - literally hosting the equivalent of one-third of Washington DC's entire
population packed onto the Mall and marching down Constitution Avenue to the Supreme Court.
We ran into Aunt Mary, Nathan, Elizabeth, & Andrew, who took some
great photos of the day.
We were also happy to have my little sister in town for the event (and to share in our new little niece's
baptism). Monica was able to sneak away a couple of times and spend time with us. Here she is meeting her new niece:
 |
| Monica and Mercedes Marie. |
 |
| Sisters. |
We also visited with my old roommate, E, but unfortunately I didn't take any photos. (Serious short-term memory loss here!!) It was so wonderful to see her and to catch up. We had some of good old deep, melancholic conversations followed by many laughs. What a great time!
 |
| Helping make fettucine alfredo with pan-seared chicken breast medallions. |
 |
| It was good! |
Some of WCM's seminarian friends were also in town and we were able to get together with them a couple of times too. (They had a longer trip.) Here they are toasting us on our marriage. One of the best things about these guys is that they are funny and also deep individuals. It's easy to talk with them about meaningful things. WCM told me that that is one of the things he appreciates most about them - a true fraternity. I'm so glad he was able to spend time with them.
 |
| Not my best photo, but you get the sentiment... |
Nice post. It's great and gives us much hope for the future to see so many people made it to Washington DC for the March4Life! At least FOX news gives more objective coverage. You would think with that many people it would make front page news in all the papers and be the major story on all the other TV news reports. We'll have to hear all about it from Monica when we see her this weekend. That fettucini dish sure looks yummy!
I'm really glad I got to see you this weekend too! I had a great time. For some reason this computer won't let me post any comments on Theresa's blog, but I really had a nice time visiting with her family also. I can't wait to see all of you at Michael and Cassie's wedding!
Post a Comment