Sorry for the late post! A couple of weeks ago, WCM and I went back to the Midwest. It was a short trip, but we really enjoyed the long, clear roads and farmland drive. Another nostalgic, "oh the space in the Midwest" feeling, and thoughts of moving back came up. We hit traffic just in time to feel back in DC - at 9:00 PM on a Sunday.
Our trip was really nice. WCM's mom made some of his favorites: shish kebab, warmed bread, grilled veggies & mushrooms (yum!), and brownies & cherry cheesecake. WCM's dad grilled. There's nothing like enjoying grilled beef & veggies in winter to remind you that summer's around the corner. :)
WCM's mom and I had a nice lunch at Nordstrom's. As it happens, they use only fresh and healthy ingredients and offer their food at reasonable prices. I never even knew they had a cafe. We enjoyed fresh salad and a white margherita pizza (like Rome) and had a chance to chat outside of wedding planning. It was quite enjoyable!
Here I am trying to get Rich to look. He is with his sister and her family. (Notice the pretty plants and delicious cheesecake ... mmmm!)
Take 2.
Sleepy me with WCM & family.
I like the cheery window treatments! Are those sewn by Ellen?
Sounds like fun!)
Yes, Helen sewed the window treatments, which match the rest of the kitchen, incl. the beautiful candy-apple red microwave and kitchenaide. :)
Post a Comment