This weekend, we took a little trip away from the hustle and bustle: two days outside the city and a nice night at the
bed and breakfast we almost booked for our honeymoon week. As it happens, we enjoyed one night in the middle of winter much more than we would have enjoyed a week there in the fall.
 |
| WCM on the porch of our cabin. The sunrise was beautiful from there! We were on a hill overlooking the valley - Shenandoah Mountains in the distance. |
 |
| The little sleeping nook was so cozy! |
 |
| The Jacuzzi I was really excited about. It's a good thing I didn't notice the leftover snarl of someone else's hair, which was shot from the jets when I turned them on. As I looked at the bottom of the drained tub, I thought, "ignorance is bliss." The novelty of the Jacuzzi has worn off. |
 |
| I'm including this one mostly for the sake of my own humility - and to show you the beautiful variety of food in the quaint sunroom, where we were served homemade pastries, fresh fruit, orange juice, farm fresh eggs - over easy, whole grain toast with hand made butter (amazing!) and cheese biscuits with sausage gravy ... which preceded the next step (and main point) of our trip: hiking! |
 |
| Here we are at the White Oak Canyon Trail lower falls. They were beautiful! We decided to drive around the valley and start at the lower end of the falls so that the return to the car was downhill - perhaps the best decision we made all weekend!! :) |
 |
| Here is a better view of the falls (there are longer falls, which we unfortunately didn't capture on camera) and WCM. |
We were so glad that we took some time - even just 48 hours - away from everything. Starting on Tuesday, WCM will have a new, much more intense work schedule, and we'll be seeing less of each other for a couple of months - possibly more. I am so grateful for our time together!
What a beautiful area to spend some quality time together! It's just so pretty! I'd love to hike there. Maybe someday...You both look so radiant. :) Still on the honeymoon?
Wow, that place looks amazing! Glad you were able to get the quality time together. :) Those are beautiful pictures.
Great location! Now I want to go hiking:-)
That Jacuzzi thingy ... Dad will never use them at a public facility, even before his code class where they told him how these are the worst places for germs as they l-o-v-e the warm moist enviroment...it's easy to get someone else's (fill in the blank).
Post a Comment