Baby Proofing Continues

Monday, April 16, 2012

Rich went to Staples this weekend to buy a printer cabinet so that we could put all of our computer, printer, and Internet cables, etc. out of reach. Isaac is completely fascinated by all types of cords. One day I removed him from the cords fifteen times in a row before he decided to go after something else. (Stubborn kiddo!!!) He will spend long periods of time trying to move his diaper box because he knows that there are cords behind it and he wants to touch them. It gives him a little 7-month-old high. Kind of like Louie Anderson's "touching the tools."

Anyway, this morning I put the cabinet together so that Isaac can't reach the cords at all. How does it look? Tight, right?



About ten seconds after it was done, my clever child wedged his body in there.

"Mmmmmm, chords galore!"


Never underestimate the abilities of a thin, determined little boy!
Moving the cabinet to sit at an angle seems to be doing the trick, although it certainly doesn't do much for the look our our living room. I've given up on being completely stylish, though, now that we have a small child. We will do our best to redecorate everything after all of our children move out!

On another note, Isaac seems to like fries. This was an attempt to pacify him for a few minutes while we finished our food. (Yes, we know that fries are unhealthy. No, we don't feed them to him in most circumstances.) I just think this is a funny picture. Once he makes up his mind about something, it's pretty difficult to get him to think about anything else. Kind of like two other people I know.