We decided to try self-feeding. Isaac has started grabbing for the spoon, and BabyCenter.com thinks that that means it's time to let one's child start feeding himself. He tried hard to put his tiny little fingers around the banana pieces, but they kept slipping out of his hands.
I fed him small pieces of whole banana, which he promptly spit out of his mouth. (He also didn't like mashed fresh banana. It's all puree for him!) I think we will have to start with cereal puffs instead. There are a couple of types that melt on the tongue. The texture is also easier to pick up.
This week, Isaac also sat up on his own. He was really excited about it. I tried to capture it on camera but it was too short-lived. He regularly holds himself in the sitting position when I'm right next to him, ready to catch him; but this week he decided that he was ready to try it without mom. I'm so proud of him! He creeps everywhere. Once he becomes a confident sitter, he'll be ready to crawl.
A funny thing that happened this week is that he "trapped" himself under the coffee table. He ducked his head to creep underneath it. It has a recessed bottom. So when he got under it, he lifted his head. But then he tried to exit without ducking again, and his massive noggin (92nd percentile) kept hitting the trim. He panicked; Dad saved him. And we both had a good laugh!
Finally, this morning he decided to check out the kettle bells with Dad. He is fascinated by these things, especially because dad makes strange, loud noises when he's lifting them. He loves watching Daddy workout in the morning.
wow, Isaac's learning so fast!
It won't be long before he is lifting the kettle bells right along Dad's side! What a cutie!
Post a Comment