Friday Photo Dump

Friday, July 27, 2012

Most of these are unedited images from the last week. Several are phone photos. I'm determined to finish my grocery analysis before doing more serious photography!! Enjoy... :)

Sunday morning with Dad.

Visiting Clair.
One of his 100 chew toys.

We have a fruit overload this week.
We went the the FREE Butterfly Exhibit at the Natural History Museum on Tuesday. Getting the free tickets was somewhat like this.

Isaac wasn't nearly as into the butterflies as his cousins.

But he LOVED the wood chips. He HAD to have his feet on them at all times. HAD TO.

Lucy was the only one to have any butterflies land on her. Other people had her hold still so they could get photos. She was proud of herself.
It was H-O-T in there! Climate Control: 80 degrees, 80 percent humidity. Which brings up another subject: I need to do something with my hair. It's getting too heavy to style. It just lays flat all the time, especially in this hot, humid weather! I may get a concave bob. What a change that would be...

Fast forward to Wednesday. We're on a grocery money saving mission (I am!). I went to our store on Wednesday afternoon because that is the day after deliveries are made and new sales are listed. This week I actually read through the receipt afterward and compared prices with other local grocers. It was a good decision because we were overcharged for our pork tenderloin by more than $4.00. I wish I stayed more on top of this. I'm confident that our weekly grocery bill could be under $100 if I worked at it more. As it stands, we are closer to $135. I've found that the weekly savings I get by shopping at one store are outweighed by it's gouging us for other items which aren't on sale. This is true for all of the stores I've looked at so far. I'm thinking about using two stores a week. We'll see if that's a realistic approach to saving money...

A favorite of mine: Whole wheat toast, olive oil, fresh roma tomatoes, ground pepper and salt.
Isaac wants some.

Maple-Soy Chicken Thighs, another Cooking Light recipe win this week.

Open-Faced Sandwiches with Fried Eggs, Fresh tomatoes, Onions Sauteed in White Wine, Pesto, and Parmesan -- Yummy! (Cooking Light)
Maybe I should stop getting flowers to cut the budget, but they add so much. And I only buy them on sale... This one will last two weeks.

Aren't these pretty? Beautiful things inspire me.

Of course, Isaac is into this game. I don't let him in the bathroom much, but when I do, he's INCREDIBLY FAST. He can make it to the toilet paper roll and do this in less than 7 seconds.

Yes the kid can make a mess. He has all of the stereotypical attributes of a small boy. I console myself that we've never reached this level.