What's Been Going On

Sunday, October 14, 2012

(Phone photos/videos)
 
This week we were reminded of how precious life is again. One of our sets of friends (who unfortunately we don't see much anymore since we live so far away!) lost their three-day-old boy to trisomy 18. We went to the funeral yesterday. I've never seen so many tears from so many people in my life. It was really sad. Even the priest was tearing up.
 
We've been holding Isaac extra tight and telling him how much we love him. Isn't he a sweetheart?
 
 
 
We've been a little more patient with all of the "uh-oh"s. This one is kind of cute:



He's currently fascinated with the buckle of his booster seat. After each meal, he stays at his chair until he gets both of the buckles to click in place. Then he looks at us for acknowledgement of his accomplishment. Here he is looking at himself in my reversible camera. But you get the picture...
 
 
 
Everything is still called "dad."



 
Rich was out of town three days this week, which means that I've been making super-simple meals for myself and Isaac. This is one of my favorite "easy meals." I put a little salt and pepper on the tomato slices. The fried egg is on a slice of Swiss cheese and a half of an English muffin. My old roommate, Sr. Elizabeth, used this recipe a lot when she was on the Curves meal plan. She used extra sharp Vermont cheddar, which is arguably better. But Swiss is not bad either.
 
 
 
Isaac's favorite snack is the chocolate Fiber One bar. We have about 50 of these left (thank you, Costco!). Isaac gets super giddy when we pull these out.
 
 
 
Since we're on the topic of food, I discovered a new restaurant that is really nice. I was hesitant to go because it doesn't look like much from the outside. But Heidi and I needed to get out of the rain last weekend, so we popped in for dessert. There weren't many people there. It was super-cold outside. The server sat us next to this beautiful, large fireplace inside.

 

I ordered a white chocolate covered sorbet with a hot chocolate. The price was right; and the service was good. I can't believe I just discovered this place now!

 

Yummy! Afterward, we went to the Fall Wine Festival at Mount Vernon.
It was sold out and quite enjoyable.

 

Isaac has been really getting into Fall this year. He absolutely loves the "crunch" of walking on dried leaves.
 
 

And here is a photo from this morning. I love his four-toothed smile!

Aunt Mary Ann said...

What a cute little boy you have there! He must be quite entertaining. I just love watching kids discover new things. They have such a sense of wonderment as they are learning all about their surroundings and how things work, don't they? And that looks like a wonderful restaurant too. You mom and I are going to visit Uncle Jack Saturday for 5 days. I am looking forward to seeing him and I hope there is still some color left when we get there. Did you go by his place at all when you saw him in the hospital? He has a beautiful setting in the mountains. One day, I'll come to your area. There are so many pretty and interesting places to go there. Yours and Theresa's blogs are good advertising for tourism in that area!

Aunt Mary Ann said...

PS: I'm so sorry about your friends' loss of their little boy. That must have been quite sad. I will keep them in my prayers.

Lady Luck said...

Thank you so much! He's a lot of fun. We are trying to enjoy these moments...

We never made it to Uncle Jack's place because he was in the hospital for so many days. We still want to head up this fall but have to see if Rich's work schedule will allow. I'm so glad you are going!

We would LOVE to show you around here! I bet Steve would have some good suggestions of places to see in the city too. There is so much history! We do really like that part. :)

Lady Luck said...

Thank you! They have an 18-month-old too, and a lot of family around them right now.

Mom said...

Yes, I am sorry too for your friend's loss of their precious son! We will keep them in our prayers too. That little guy is in the loving arms of His Creator and can send his love from above to his dear parents! I will pray for their consolation.

Isaac could be in that Candid Camera Show with the drawer coming out!

Can't wait to see you all!

Love, Mom

Lady Luck said...

Thanks, Mom! They'll really appreciate the prayers. We can't wait to see you!!!