Here is our little laugher. Boy, this little man is a hard sell! I can't tell you the things we try to get him to laugh! Isaac figured out that Andre found dog noises to be hilarious. And the barking commenced.
Speaking of hard sells, I've been trying to make Rich laugh for years. We have an appreciation for a lot of the same humor, but rarely find the same things hysterical. He laughs hysterically when reading articles by sports columnist Bill Simmons. I laugh hysterically at Close to Home comics. But I am happy to say that, after three years of marriage, I finally made him bust a rib this month. I came home with a $70 artificial Christmas tree from Lowe's and told him that it was kind of expensive -- $3,000 -- but that it would pay off over time. That, and this video, are the two times his roaring laugher was a credit to me. And, through that, we also discovered that we both find Jim Gaffigan hilarious. Win!
Is that your $3000 tree in the post below? Glad for the humor! Do you rmember when we used to go to Madison Christmas shopping at Toys R Us and Dad would be in the remote truck/car aisle making fun of my driving while I could hear him a few aisles over? And then he mimicked the sounds at the restaurant afterwards and drove the waitress nuts! He still has fits of hysterical laughter, mostly from something I did or did not do. He reminds me of Grandma Schmidt when she'd be laughing so hard she'd be crying. He still does that too. Just a couple nights ago we were talking at the dinner table about husbands/wives running away (being gone a lot) and I said, "Well, I'd just have to reel you in so you stay in Wisconsin!" And without missing a beat Maria says, "Mom's the one who is running away! She runs to DC to the big city all the time!" Everyone laughed real hard, and Dad just about bust a gut!
So ... I'm good for something after all!
Love,
Mom
Yes, can you tell its fake?! JK, I know it's obvious. But we were done with leaks and mold in the rugs and wood floors, needles falling, and fire hazards.
I'm glad that you are keeping everyone laughing over there! I had forgotten about the toy sound mimicking... But definitely remember grandma laughing to tears!
I remember that siren he taped and played back at dinner. It was hysterical!
We are almost on the verge of getting a fake tree. Doug hates getting a tree because it is so much work. This yer he was carrying it in and stepped in a hole john dug in the front yard, tripped and fell in the mud! Thank goodness nothing was broken or sprained. We had a good laugh over that. I actually had no idea he hated doing the tree because he hides it so well. But I said next year he can get a fake one if he wants.
Thanks for the laugh, we were all loving the whale video tonight!
Lol, I'm sorry for Doug but that is a great story!!
Glad you liked the whale clips, haha. :)
Jean, that is so funny! I can just hear Jim mimicking you, and I think of the times we've done things together too (trips we've gone on.) We both must be "running away" all the time. Haha! Actually, it's good to get a change of scenery once in awhile. And I don't think you'd ever see some of the family if you didn't "run away" every now and then. Laughter is great! Life isn't good if it's serious all the time. A good sense of humor keeps you healthy.
Post a Comment