This and That

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

We are about to celebrate four years, which seems like ten. It has FLOWN since we had children.



Came across some photos from the first couple of years I knew Hubs. Here he is sun-kissed from a California trip (2006). Handsome! Remembering those early years makes me smile. :)0



He was really good with kids from the beginning, a real gift considering he has no younger siblings. 



Isaac insists that he sit next to dad. So here he is at the kids' table.




Here I am making sure #2 gets enough TLC. He's so laid back that he sometimes gets less than his big brother, who is the opposite of laid-back.


I have the best chillaxing photos of this boy.



He often goes off and reads on his own. When he's ready, he brings me a book to read to him. I think he is a bright boy. 








We all were sick for several days. Andre fell asleep on the floor mid-morning (and he had already dropped his morning nap!). I knew he wasn't feeling well when this happened. Thankfully, none of us ended up at the doctor's this time. It's nice when colds go away on their own. :)



These two are super cute when they decide to play nicely together.





Andre likes oranges. And bananas. Lots of bananas.



Blurry, but this kid has the best smile ever. He flashes this smile all the time.



Isaac is really into letters. He made me an "I". Yesterday he said, "'U' comes after 'F' like fuh-lag." (Flag) The kid cracks us up. 



Here I'm telling the boys not to touch the files.



This is Isaac's "I do not like what you are saying" face.



I just thought the kids looked hilarious with these. Abby eventually kicked everyone out of the game because they were incompetent players, lol. It's rough being 3 in a 5-year-old world!



Someone had to guard his "HUGE special treat" for pooping on the pot. If only we could get all the poo into the pot. Or, at least, may I add "toxic waste removal" to my resume? This is a very important job that is way underrated. 



Hubs sent me to the Risk Jesus conference at Hylton Memorial Chapel. It was exceptionally well-done. I tried to buy Jen Fulwiler's book, but she sold out really quickly.



The stained-glass blues were beautiful in the morning.




We've had two stripping-downs in the Costco parking lot in the last week, thanks to potty training fails. The drama makes this one tired.




All of that leads to this:



We bought a flat screen. Rich spent a good amount of time measuring, drilling, & mounting. Now we can watch Veggie Tales & Curious George not on the laptop! And we decided to get football channels too. This will hopefully help everyone to relax more on the weekends.


Theresa said...

It's amazing how much can happen in four years! Time sure flies once kids arrive. I love all the pictures, especially the last one where Andre is wearing his daddy's shoes!

Aunt Mary Ann said...

Loved all the pics and updates! Never a dull moment with little ones....