I've finally decided that our home will never look perfect for this post.
So imperfect photos will have to do!
We do absolutely LOVE our new home. And after what must have been 250 hours of research, prayers, and novenas, we are absolutely confident that we got the best possible deal in the best possible neighborhood (for us). This home is in a great school district, near a beautiful church, and on a cul de sac. It has a two-car garage with extra storage space and a fully-fenced back yard. All things we really wanted -- and all things hard to find in one place!
Our home was built in the late 1980's, which was a big selling point for me. That is as new as it gets around here without buying a 3,000+ sf home or a townhome. We wanted neither. Nor did we want the lead-based paint, asbestos, steep stairs, or other issues often found in older homes. We've already done that. It's over-rated.
Our layout is pretty traditional: stairwell and bathroom in the entry area with a coat closet, formal living and dining to the left when you walk in; kitchen, nook, family and garage straight ahead and to the right. Here is our main-level bathroom taken without a wide-angle lens:
The biggest selling point for us were the updates our home has: remodeled kitchen and baths, newer vinyl windows, and newer water heater, furnace, & AC units. It just seemed like the best home we could find in our price range. In fact, there were two other offers on the home. And a previous contract fell through due to financing before we even saw the home. So it was popular.
I ran a search in our neighborhood with price parameters slightly above our ideal max. This home was not much more that the homes we'd previously seen, but was significantly nicer. Our real estate agent told us that it's very uncommon for people to have their first offer accepted. But that is exactly what happened!
Here are the formal dining and living rooms. As you can see, we need furniture, paint, and wall hangings. Thankfully, there's no rush on that. Plus we haven't decided our color scheme yet.
| The boys have about 10 slices of bread between them because that is how they roll when mom ignores them for 10 minutes for a photo shoot. |
And back to the foyer:
Upstairs we have a beautiful reading loft that overlooks our family room. I really like this space, though we could make it a fourth bedroom if we really wanted.
Here is our master suite, which really sold me on the home. I love how much light this room gets!
We also have our own bathroom!
The other two bedrooms are a work in progress. I'll post photos of those later. On to the basement... I really like that the railings are here instead of walls. It makes the spaces feel more open.
We had to replace the washer and dryer when we bought this home. So, here are the very basic Whirlpool washer & dryer. I am doing my best to keep the right load-size so we can get at least ten years out of these. We are constantly running these appliances!
The basement doubles as a guest space. Here is the bathroom:
The office:
(And, there was no way I was getting a photo of this room clean. The mess-makers are way too quick.) Here is our play room. I really love having a space to send the boys so I can enjoy semi-quiet. It helps tremendously. I am really grateful to finally have a usable basement playroom!!!
And back to the back yard. We love this space!
We've been strangely enjoying yard work and front-porch sittin'.
Things we love about the neighborhood: friendly neighbors, quiet, convenient to everything but set back from main roads, sidewalks (We can just step out our door and get a workout. We don't have to drive anywhere.), street lights at night, lots of kids in the neighborhood, friendly HOA and ARB.
Now we hope you come to visit soon! We have lots of room!! :)
.jpg)
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful home!
Can't wait to visit! I didn't realize your house had all those rooms! It's really nice!
Thank you! We really like it! :)
Do you have any openings next month? ;)
I love colonials! It's so pretty. I'm glad you found a perfect fit for your family. The outside reminds me a bit of your parent's home. Is that St. Thomas Moore on the mantel?
Thank you! Yes, that is St. Thomas More. You have a good eye. That was a challenging angle. St. Thomas More is a popular one around here. :)
I'm still planning on visiting sometime, but probably not until after winter now. What a beautiful home witth some beautiful inhabitants!
Thank you! We would love to have you!!!
Post a Comment