[Photos from Oceanside, CA.]
I wish I were more eloquent so I could articulate how grateful I am to stay home with the kids and have these types of adventures mid-week. But I'll try with my camera.
Moments of each day are very stressful. This day followed a special meeting at school about the behavior of one of the kids. There was also a massive potty accident because: too-many-pieces-of-fruit! Followed by an unhelpful meltdown during cleanup, which made it messier. (I had been feeling guilty about living in paradise earlier that morning and wondered to the Lord what our crosses would be -- hopefully nothing objectively terrible like terminal illness or the death of a child. And I remembered that conversation while poop was being flung all over the bathroom stall. God has a sense of humor.)
But still, the Lord almost never gives me two hard days in a row. And I would take that "bad" with this good. It is worth it. Each day I'm here I see tremendous beauty, which keeps me in awe of our Creator -- and what an impressive creature man is.
This tremendous succulent wall cheered up my entire day. It was next to a vegan coffee shop in the Marriott, kind of tucked away. It's amazing that people come up with and execute ideas like these.
There were also a lot of things named "Wisconsin" and a major road with the same name as the street on which I grew up. These days, the Lord reminds me that we are spiritually connected, though distance separates our families.
It was so helpful to walk along the beach and think all of the thoughts and brainstorm ideas and realize the Lord is working and will inspire us all (teachers, principals, parents) if we stay close to Him and focus on what's most important.






Post a Comment