Five Things Friday

Saturday, February 5, 2022

1. Had oral surgery to remove a permanent baby tooth. I have 3 others that are okay currently. There have been so many times I've both really appreciated my smile and also wished it were "better." The implant comes in 3-4 months. Good for humility...

2. The Firstborn asked me what time I woke up today. I answered him honestly. I recalled my 9th grade typing teacher telling me she woke up at 4am each day and me gasping at her. She would be so delighted now.

3. There was an estate sale filled with cheap, high-quality pieces of furniture on our way home from school. I made the kids stop with me in a moment of honoring my grandma. (It seems there's a Louie Anderson skit about this...) We found 2 stools, a full-length mirror, and this fancy pamphlet, ironically written by a man, which spoke to my soul:


4. Our security guard told me he would "pray for me" when I told him I was having oral surgery today. It warmed my heart. I didn't know he was the praying type.

5. My surgeon told me she always prays for her patients each morning. So she had "already prayed" for me when I arrived. She has excellent dental credentials and is a Eucharistic minister at her parish. And I love being around people who do all things well. It inspires me to do better.