This “penthouse suite” was in our price range. The Big Three designated Five for this spot.
“Did you see your son?” DH asked early Sunday morning? “Which one?” I asked. “The Fifth,” he responded. And this is how I found him, ostensibly having slept here all night.
These kids were so proud of themselves for making this fort and designating a spot for each of them to sleep. According to Sweet Pea, they built some and “then there was some fighting but we worked it out.”
This was her spot:
The Firstborn took the center, largest spot with the 8’ bean bag for himself, naturally. It seems there’s a Louie Anderson skit about that…
This one was for Sol, who slept in his own room. I would have done the same. Intelligent life.
The kids proudly telling me how they made a special place for each one while I said, “Oh, no, friends! Oh no. Who is going to clean that up?” All the “we wills!” followed but were realized only with extensive prompting.
At the end of the day, this reminds me of my childhood. I’m glad that their lives are happy enough that they can be creative because they have no real worries in life.










Post a Comment