When we arrived home on Saturday, we discovered many Christmas greeting cards in our mailbox and a few packages at our door.
We uncorked a bottle of wine, pulled out some cheese, and read through the cards. They filled up our mail basket.
We played three games of Scrabble while fireworks went off in the distance. There were many parties and events going on that night, but we were happy just to be home after the 17 hour drive and to have a baby sleeping peacefully in the next room. Rich ran away with the first game. I ran away with the second. And we played a competitive third, during which we discovered that "za" (a pizza) is actually in the Official Scrabble Player's Dictionary. I love this game because it keeps my mind stimulated amid my daily baby-oriented tasks.
This morning Isaac and I went to Mass and saw a beautifully decorated church.
It reminded me of Mass at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit, where we went at Midnight on Christmas this year. It was phenomenally beautiful from the music, to the lights, to the homily, to the liturgy. To top it all off, I met Archbishop Vigneron. And he remembered my name - and how to pronounce it! We looked at all of the religious artefacts, including the chair that Bl. Pope John Paul II used when he visited years ago. I was so grateful that the grandparents offered to watch Isaac because the late night would have been too much for him. I was also glad that Rich pitched the Midnight Mass at the Cathedral idea so much because it was, in fact, outstanding. I wasn't at all in the mood to wake up from my nap after driving through the previous night and getting stuck in black ice for the last hour of it, but I'm so glad that I did. The experience was truly edifying.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Joseph Tremblay |
Today, my little buddy and I are catching up on bills, running errands, writing thank you notes, cleaning, and otherwise keeping house. It is the feast of the naming of Jesus. I don't know how much Isaac understands, but I do say Jesus' name a lot around him. Here is a beautiful creche bought for Isaac by his godparents.
This year I have two resolutions and one goal. I'll let you know what the first two are if I accomplish them. The goal is both Richard's and mine. We want to go to Rome. We're working hard planning and saving now. Ever since my study abroad there, I've really wanted to be able to share the experiences with my husband!
"...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." -Phil. 4:8

Post a Comment