If we learned anything from this trip it is that the morning is a much better time to fly than the evening. Perhaps this is obvious, but there was a dramatic difference between how Isaac behaved on the two.
We had a great time with my family!
When we arrived, we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with my Aunt Mary Ann and cousins, Steve and Emily.
Julie was so helpful with Isaac! She picked him up when he cried and walked with him. She helped me pin him down while I changed his diapers (sigh! He IS that age.) He gave everyone a good workout with his incessant bouncing!
Maria was prepared to entertain him with toys as long as he didn't drool on her.
We discovered teething biscuits on this trip. Isaac ate two a day until the box was gone. He loves them!
Maria has learned to play Fur Elise. I am sad to say that her piano skills now exceed mine.
We also celebrated my sister-in-law, Cassie's, birthday when we were home. My mom made a cupcake tree.
I can't remember what Michael said, but I'm sure it was funny.
One boyfriend. Blowing all of those out in one breath is harder than it looks!!
Grandpa and Isaac
On Saturday night, Michael threw a surprise birthday party for Cassie. We helped decorate. Maria worked on that sign on the wall. Michael had beer-boiled brats, hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and cake. (Mom gets credit for the brats - yum!) He had cold beverages and a warm bonfire. I only have a few photos because most of the party was after Isaac's bed time. Here is Cassie with her godmother.
Isaac with Cassie's mom.
Perfect tepee campfire.
On Sunday, the family took Isaac for a bike ride. It was his first time in the bike buggy. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that one. Here they are after the trip.
Some of them showed off.
Mom was nice enough to sweep and mop the floor so Isaac stayed cleaner and had fewer options of things to eat.
The trees were in bloom in Wisconsin. Isaac was very intrigued.
Have I mentioned that about ten people asked Mike and Cassie if Isaac was their baby? Well, they did.
That comment was followed with: "He looks like you, Michael!"
These are Isaac's concentration eyebrows.
Grandpa gave Isaac a tour of his office. Isaac was particularly intrigued by the ruler.
Little executive.
I helped Maria do her history homework and was surprised by how boring the book was. (Don't tell her I said that!) One thing that I did learn, though, is that Germans make up the largest group of foreign-born people in Wisconsin. That's not a surprise. No wonder Wisconsin has the best sausage!!!
| Monica and her little buddy. |
Awww, I really miss everybody! It looks like you all had a great time!
Hey, thanks for all the pictures!
Glad you had a good time. Hope all is well with you at home. Monica is looking forward to visiting and helping in July.
Love you Kateri!
XOX
Mom
Post a Comment