Kitchen: Almost Finished!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Here you go! The only things left are the sink and faucet install; dishwasher connection; and a trim fix. We had a special issue at the stove and trim, which I mentioned a couple of times to our sales lady/plan drawer. She mentioned that she'd make a notation in the plan, but somehow it was lost in translation. So, they will figure that one out today. Regardless, we are very happy with the way this is looking! I spent a couple of hours unpacking last night. The contractors need access only to a couple of spaces today. They've done a TON of work in reality, especially considering all of the supplies and tools came up six flights of stairs. I'm so grateful for their hard work.
 
 
 
Right now coffee is brewing on our new countertop. That is one smell that I'm so glad to have in here again! The microwave was supposed to be white like the rest of the appliances, but it appears to be stainless. I'm not worried about it. I don't think one notices the appliance colors much now that I'm looking at them next to the cabinets, counters, tile, and paint. I wish I had a wide angle lens for this room, but hopefully you get an idea anyway:
 
 
 
This storage space made a HUGE difference when unpacking. It doesn't look like much, but it makes a world of difference in a small kitchen!
 
 
 
We already used the microwave to warm dinner last night. It was really nice to eat something from our fridge again. In fact, we had a nice homemade casserole from a friend. You can see the special trim issue here if you look closely. Mostly when I look here, I see a microwave and much more countertop space, which makes me really happy!! :)
 
Dishwasher will be secured in place today. So there should be a clear line at it's edge and the filler.

Theresa said...

Wow! That looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person:-)

MiniMozarts said...

It has a sleek and cheerful look to it. I am so happy for you! We have never done a kitchen project of that magnitude.

Mom said...

Looks like a showroom!