Mom Visit

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

During this stint of postpartum life, I have been really needy. The doctor said not to lift anything heavier than the baby while I recover from the cesarean surgery. There's just one little problem: I have a toddler. This time around, we've really needed help! Thankfully, Rich took off a week from work, Grandpa A came out for a few days to take Isaac to playgrounds, and Grandma S came for 10 days to help get me back on my feet.
 
 
 
Those first two weeks post-surgery were brutal. But I am off of the narcotics. I'm no longer doing  crazy maneuvers to avoid engaging the abdominal muscles while getting out of bed. And I've been outside several times. Now, I have about four weeks until complete recovery (when I can start exercising, swimming, and holding Isaac). We are in a much better place, though.
 
Meanwhile, I am missing this:
 
Apple pancake.
 
 
Three homemade meals a day followed by my kitchen being cleaned, my laundry being washed, and Isaac being taken outside. My mom didn't stop from the moment she woke up until the moment she went to sleep. And she made us healthy food! Lots of egg white, veggie omelettes.
 
 
 
And she watered the flowers. (Thank you for the flowers!!) Our home looked like a greenhouse for the first week after we returned home -- so cheerful!
 
 
 
  


Making French toast.
 
 
 
She watched Andre and Isaac a few times so that Rich and I could go outside and walk and talk for a couple of minutes without interruptions. Andre fell asleep on her.
 
 
 
She also brought my sister, Maria, who totally enamored Isaac. He followed her around, tried on her shoes, and called her name all day: "Ann Mah REE ah." (Don't judge. He is naked because our AC broke and it was about 89 degrees in here with 50% humidity. He is now clothed and the air is working!)
 
"More, peaz. Tella." (a.k.a. Nutella)
 
 
 
Isaac also stole a few of Aunt Maria's Q-Tips. (It's an obsession.)
 
 
 
Thank you for all of the help, Mom! We love you.
Monica said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you're starting to feel better, Kateri.