[I updated this post with the clear glass fronts (and the stainless steel appliances) instead of making a new post because who wants to read yet ANOTHER post about our kitchen!]
| Isaac said to take his photo. And since he's the boss, here you go! |
Okay, last photos. I had to include photos with the sink and faucet! (The frosted glass will still be replaced with clear glass.) Isaac and I unpacked everything today, took the boxes out, and cleaned all of the rooms (lots of dusting needed!). We also needed to re-stock the fridge and wash much of the china, which was smudged when we packed it up. The dishwasher has been running continuously since noon. I hope all of the walking up and down stairs and cleaning encourages Andre to drop. Today's sonogram revealed a very healthy baby, content to just hang out. The doctor says he's not low enough for me to dilate still. My next hopeful delivery date is this Friday (the Feast of the Sacred Heart) during the day. It seems like a good time... :)
When I look at these photos, there is such an improvement over the old kitchen that I can't believe I was panicked about things like whether we had stainless steel or white appliances. Whatever. This kitchen looks amazing now, which is exactly what Rich said it would look like. The sink is deeper than our old one. The faucet has a retractable hose and two spray settings. The countertops are also slightly higher than our last one, which makes for less bending in the wrong place. Also, there is a light over our stove, guys! I can see what I'm cooking now!!
You can see our makeshift fix at the wall by the stove. It's not perfect, but as good as something like that gets after the fact. I don't think it's noticeable. If it becomes an issue later, we can re-do the trim. We are kind of done with this project for now. (The issue was the 2" code requirement between the dishwasher & stove. There weren't 2" available on that wall.)
We are doing our best to keep this workspace clear.
I'm also trying not to put loads of knick-knacks on top of the fridge. It was getting a little out of control before! We got rid of several boxes and bags of dishware that we hadn't used. So, everything fits just a little bit better now.
I really like the granite color, though I'm kind of paranoid about "staining" it and have been wiping it off with a towel constantly. OCD? Yes.
This company has great online reviews (Angie's List) for their marble and granite work. They certainly seem to know what they're doing. I'm mostly impressed that everything looks square. Our kitchen had lots of variation in that department!
Though this tile turned out a little lighter than I thought it would, I think it looks great and really like the diagonal setting. It was a TON of work for the construction guys, but even they smiled in admiration of a job well done. The project manager took photos on his iPhone today. :)
And these make sweet night lights (or morning coffee lights before I'm really awake).
Anyway, we are so grateful that we could do this project. Thanks for humoring me with all of the photos and e-mails and phone calls. It's really wonderful to have a clean and attractive kitchen workspace!
Love your new kitchen!~I'm jealous. What great choices you made in materials, colors, and styles. It all came together nicely. Enjoy cooking in that new kitchen of yours!
Thanks, Aunt Mary Ann!
Your kitchen is beautiful. :)
Post a Comment