Christmas Eve

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

We've been thoroughly enjoying Christmas Eve! Rich worked a half day. The boys and I visited the cousins and swapped godchildren gifts. Here is Abigail with her pink cat purse and princess mirror.
 
 
 
We haven't seen much of the kids who are in school this fall. So, it was really nice to catch up with Anne Marie, Lucy, and John. Everyone wanted to hold Andre!
 
 
 
Aunt Theresa made us bacon salads (a great choice for the pre-feasting madness).
 
 
 
We finished our deep cleaning at home before going to the vigil Mass at St. Patrick's. It was a great choice -- lighter crowd and an excellent choir. When we slid into our third row pew, Isaac leaned over to me wide-eyed and whispered, "This is very important!" What a nice affirmation of our parenting on Christmas Eve. This day has been full of blessings!
 
 
 
Here's our "better than nothing" family Christmas photo.
 
 
 
 
  
 
We lit all the candles after Mass and enjoyed a tapas-style dinner made up of our favorite dishes. Andre had to go to bed because he was too tired. (The people in church behind us told us that Andre was the best-behaved baby they'd ever seen. EXTRA PRESENTS FOR ANDRE!!) Isaac ate dinner with mom and dad. He was really into Christmas dinner. Look at this smile:
 
 
 
He decided to copy dad and eat his mozzarella stick with a knife and fork. He was reasonably proficient. Now he has us wondering if he's a lefty again...
 
 
 
He also put these in order. He decided the kings should be together and that Jesus should be first.
 
 
 
Rich and I exchanged gifts after the kids were in bed.
We wanted to be focused on them in the morning.
 
 
 
Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,
which means 'God is with us.'
-Matt 1:23
Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

Can I trade Andre for about 4 of mine? ha ha ha!

Lady Luck said...

Lol!

Monica said...

Nice pictures! Merry Christmas!

Aunt Mary Ann said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! We got together with your mom & dad and family in Necedah last week. Had a great time with everyone! Missed you guys. I miss the Christmases when the whole Helfenberger side got together. You and Rich have a beautiful family!

Lady Luck said...

I miss those days too. Christmas changed after the grandparents passed/got married. I hope we can make it as nice for our kids as it was for us. I hope we can see you again this summer. The rest of the family said they had a lovely visit with you when we Skyped with them on New Years. :)