Our Growing Family, Same-Sex Marriage

Friday, July 3, 2015

What's been on my mind: This piece is what I wish more people were articulating in the discussion on same-sex marriage. There's a lot of desiring to be understood on both sides of the issue -- and not a lot of listening happening. The above articulates the Catholic position without judging.
 
 
 
So, how are the boys liking their sister?
 
 
 
They really like her.
 
 
 
They really, really like her.
 
 
 
I spend a lot of time teaching them to be gentle and whisper.
How is that going?
 
 
 
 
Hahahahahaha.
 
 
 
DH and I absolutely LOVE being a family of three! We've received so much help postpartum that I'm already on my fortieth thank you note. Almost everyone on our street has brought over a pink outfit or a meal -- all unsolicited. My babysitting coop and moms' group are bringing meals 3x a week for 4 weeks. My sister has watched the boys for almost all of my postpartum appointments -- and we've had two infections, hence two extra appointments. My SIL was here for a week helping with everything. And our friend, Deborah, who is staying with us, has been tidying the house every night, doing laundry, and babysitting occasionally. We've also received some highly-subsidized backup care through Rich's job, which has helped me rest on certain afternoons during the workweek. We knew that God wanted us to have another baby, but we didn't know how we'd take care of everyone postpartum. Things are coming together better than we could have imagined! Here are the boys "helping" Angie turn her head.
 

Monica said...

Angie is getting so much love!! <3

Theresa said...

Cute pictures! Your family is adorable:-)

That article was one of my favorites, too. My other favorite was this one by Jen Fulfiller: http://jenniferfulwiler.com/2012/07/a-conversation-with-my-gay-friend/ which articulates the Catholic position pretty well.

Lady Luck said...

She's so articulate. I'm so glad she had this conversation through an existing friendship.