"Be strong, let your heart take courage, all who hope in the Lord."
-Psalm 31:25
The Legos almost won over the chocolate.
Seriously, who are these people?!
This one had the right idea:
Insert growl here:
These St. Nicholas bags were an Aldi find. They almost made me forgive Aldi for all of the rotting apples, raspberries, and oranges. Almost.
(Seriously, I may not give them a third chance. This mama doesn't like to waste time in grocery stores.)
I really wanted this day to be magical for them. I'm not sure they quite got it. It was our first year of shoes outside doors... The previous day, the Engineer asked me if I was going to put the treats in the shoes.
All week, the Firstborn has been telling me that DH and I are Santa. I asked him why he thought that. He said that one year he saw us putting gifts under the tree when he peeked out over the railing.
I find this story highly suspicious as the Firstborn is terrible at being stealthy. And we're pretty cautious. We've never confirmed nor denied Santa. I think it's imperative that they keep their sense of wonder. So, I normally ask them questions when they ask questions.
We've emphasized that St. Nicholas was a real person, who gave gifts to people in need. The Holy Spirit inspired him to be a living example of the Kingdom of God to come. I don't want them ever to lose their wonder and hope.
Post a Comment