Preparations...

Sunday, December 23, 2018

I am just so grateful for these work-less weekends! We went to Mass and discovered the priest who offered our wedding Mass was offering Mass again. He had a rock-star homily to go along with today's Gospel. It was all about using words to build others up like Mary. Though I go to church for Jesus, not particular priests, it's really helpful to hear good preaching.

Don't judge me for that matted hair. She gets it if she lies down for 5 seconds. And she had just awaken in this pic.



These boys will be super happy when they see their Christmas gifts. Costco for the win!



Sent by a couple of neighbors:


The Engineer had to put the advent wreath here. We haven't been able to keep an actual wreath since we've had two-year-olds. One day...


We bought colored lights and put them on our railing and on the old, artificial tree in the boys' room, which filled the Firstborn with such joy that he gave a huge, spontaneous hug upon his return from school.


I love it when my kids are so filled with joy that they hug me and tell me they love me. It's these moments when I wonder what I ever did before I was a mom. It's such a great life!



They asked for this shot but could not hold still -- and my accessible light/shutter speed could not compensate. Still, it's sweet. It reminds me of some pics of my older sister, I, and Matthew.


I cannot get enough of these bokeh shots.



Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Especially the one with the 3 of them on the stairs. Lucky kids to have a Christmas tree in their room!