Have you ever noticed how the Holy Spirit sends you a nougat of encouragement when you need it most? I was feeling pretty inadequate after meeting a few moms with objectively impressive jobs and well-behaved kids, who are always put-together. I realized that I will never be the best in an area -- not even in my most skilled areas. And sometimes that makes me feel like a failure.
The only thing your Good Lord needs is your cooperation to accomplish His great works in the world. He doesn't need your skill. He doesn't need your competence... He doesn't even need your virtues. The only thing He needs is your cooperation.
I can handle that!
And now I'm listening to G.K. Chesterton's Everlasting Man.
This one has smiled several times, cooed in an effort to say "hi" to me, and followed his dad and I across the room. He likes being with people.
This one has been dragged round and about for meetings for his older siblings. He cooperates mostly without a fuss, but we are looking forward to taking him out for his birthday one-on-one in just a few days. He is a great sibling!
Several moms at school got together and brought us five meals over the last two weeks. One family owned an Italian restaurant. So they brought us their restaurant food:
We've been working on listening-the-first-time. And this was a bona fide moment of success: no eating over the carpet!
A couple of weekends ago, I made some seasonal treats to go with football and "cooler" temps. We had to make fall happen out here, because it didn't come on its own.
Do you think this baby gets enough love?
Here is one of my favorite views out here:










Kateri (and Theresa),
There is no job more important than a mother. Fathers come pretty close. A mother sacrifices her body for the children and her pride along with it. You are a very beautiful woman on the outside and inside. You show love for your family every day. Make a concentrated effort to lift those spirits. Hug your kids and your husband. They will help you see how very important you are. And how no one can replace you in this world.
We love you very much!
Mom
:) ❤
Post a Comment