This book has been a treasure to me over the last month. I'm getting to know the real Joseph, who I wasn't inspired by previously, due to the effeminate depictions from bad religious art, or lessons from people who fashion Joseph after themselves. This book is heavy on history, biblical texts, writing of Church fathers, and tradition. And the Joseph I'm discovering is a friend, down-to-earth, manly, incredibly bold, just, devout, a zealous defender of marriage and family life, every soul's companion...
I have taken for my advocate and protector, the glorious St. Joseph, to whom I have recommended myself with all the fervor of my heart, and by whom I have been visibly aided. This tender father of my soul, this loving protector hastened to snatch me from the wretched state in which my body languished, as he had delivered me from greater dangers of another nature, which threatened my honor and my eternal salvation.-St. Teresa of Avila

Post a Comment