Andre Update

Friday, March 8, 2013

  • Your uterus has grown quite a bit and is about the size of a soccer ball. (25 weeks pregnant)
  • During the second half of pregnancy, you'll grow nearly 1/2 inch (1 cm) each week. If you've been following a balanced meal plan, your total weight gain is probably between 16 and 22 pounds. (26 weeks pregnant)
  • This week marks the beginning of the third trimester. Your baby weighs a little more than 2 pounds, and crown-to-rump length is about 9 2/3 inches ... total length is about 14 1/3 inches. (27 weeks pregnant)  [Source: Your Pregnancy Week by Week]
 
27 weeks, 4 days.
 
 
Andre's heart rate is normal and his movements are consistent. These seem to be the best gauges of his health at this stage. I've gained about 14 pounds, which the doctor said is fine. It amazes me just how "out there" most short people get at the end. There's really nothing wrong. The baby just needs a lot of space. I've been surprised again by how big I feel. I'm feeling kicks up in my rib cage again. It's getting harder to bend over. I really want to take these opportunities to slow down and mentally prepare myself for labor. I would love to be able to handle it without an epidural (mostly because the epidural scares the life out of me). But we'll see what actually happens. I read this story recently, which inspired me to start preparing.
Theresa said...

I've never actually looked at the epidural. No, that would be too much. lol!

That was one of the most beautiful birth stories I've ever read. I'm sure Andres birth will be great too, no matter how he comes, natural or not. Those moments welcoming a new baby are the best moments in a woman's life! Im sure they are for the papa too. I'm sitting here snuggling with Thomas and thanking God for all the joy I've been given in my life.

Mom said...

You're pretty pregnant!

Aunt Mary Ann said...

You look great, Kateri! The middle trimester is always the best! You usually aren't nauseated or tired, and feel so much more energetic. At least that's what I noticed. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!