Lately, I've been thinking about how little I know and how silly it seems to keep a blog. Each year that I live, every child that I watch, and every challenge that I encounter leaves me realizing how much I still need to learn. I've been reading this book, which has offered me incredible clarity in many areas -- and makes me want to live each moment personally recollected. Blogging doesn't leave me personally recollected most of the time. But, it is my way of keeping a family album. So here we go.
Our little Andre is a BIG boy. He almost fits into 9 month clothes. I kiss these cheeks many, many times a day.
This child is no longer a newborn. He's very alert. He gets confused if two people talk to him at once, but can follow both voices. He also knows the difference between mom, dad, and Isaac.
He's just begun to realize that he controls those limbs attached to him! He often looks at his hands and turns them. He also grabs his feet and reaches for the elephant and giraffe on his magic chair.
He is really, really determined to roll! Often he cries when he gets to this spot (below). We've been practicing with him. Isaac likes to roll him (which, of course, requires a ridiculous amount of supervision by mom!). He *almost* has it down.
These guys are buds for the most part. Andre smiles at Isaac and absolutely loves being around him. Except when Isaac decides to hit him for no reason. The Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde of the two-year-olds.
Last weekend we had a mega "chillaxing" moment.
I mean, this photo is pretty much the definition of "chillax."
I mean, this photo is pretty much the definition of "chillax."
I've been trying to keep the same number of photos of Isaac and Andre. But Isaac is so much more sensitive about it than Andre is. I kind of feel bad for him. He's the only one who will ever have to experience a de-throning. He's been doing really, really well when I take him out to special places (last weekend grocery shopping, etc.). Andre naturally gets a lot of my time because he's nursing a lot. He also doesn't really notice a difference in level of attention. The only thing Andre *doesn't* like is being in his magic chair while everyone else is eating. He wants to be held at the table -- a part of what's happening. It's super cute.
We attempted another Isaac hair cut because the hair was getting in his eyes. I trimmed the front. Then, Rich tried to even out the rest. I'm glad that Rich took a stab at it so he could appreciate how challenging it is to cut a toddler's hair.
We attempted another Isaac hair cut because the hair was getting in his eyes. I trimmed the front. Then, Rich tried to even out the rest. I'm glad that Rich took a stab at it so he could appreciate how challenging it is to cut a toddler's hair.
Isaac has also developed a lot of fine motor skills. He is holding a pen better, using silverware better, and attempting more coordinated movements while he plays. His memory is amazing (or maybe I have the star-struck-first-parent-syndrome). However, the other day he started saying, "We adore You. We bless You." The last time he would have heard the Stations of the Cross was a l-o-n-g time ago. He frequently and randomly recites things he heard ages ago while in the back seat of the car.
He still enjoys cuddling when he's tired. I was very surprised the other day. He woke up screaming from his nap like he does every day since he got the "I'm-Two" Memo. I went to get him and rock with him like I do every time this happens. He was so tired that he fell back asleep and my shoulder and rested for 45 minutes like that. I guess he just needed some TLC from mom. Crazy!
Some really cute pictures! I love Isaac in the chillaxin picture and the face he made for his haircut picture.
I think it's so amazing how much the boys look like both of you. When someone has a first child, I always imagine what they will look like, and when the baby is born, I think, "of course, that's exactly how they should look!" I remember thinking that when I was pregnant with Steve. I could hardly wait to see what features he would have, what his face would look like, etc...I find it fascinating how different people in families resemble each other, even a couple generations apart.
They are both adorable and I think Isaac IS really smart. But maybe I am a star-struck auntie.
Cute pictures! :)
Post a Comment