Started with DH working from home and was so excited for a productive day! Quickly we realized the dishwasher and laundry machine were dead with all the underwear wet and in the wash machine. So, off to the laundromat I went!
Meanwhile, I researched whether the machines were salvageable or totaled. They were both totaled. This was part of a painful 55 minute chat with Best Buy’s AI:
Following that, was a 4 hour search for the best value appliances. Considerations were warranties, consumer reviews, price and whether installation and haul away were included, and delivery timeline. It was beneficial that DH was home so I could run each metric by him and get his feedback. We settled on a Maytag dishwasher and a Samsung wash machine through Costco, though Best Buy was our go-to for years. I wish we could have purchased a Miele, but by the time we added the cheapest model actually available, installation, and haul away, it was double the cost of the other dishwashers. Still, we would have bitten the bullet because all the reviews claimed they last twice as long as the rest, were it not for the measly 1-year warranty which is no better than the cheaper brands. If it’s really that great, then back it with a 2-year warranty!
Afterward, the Eldest went to carpool and DH completed his work in time for me to start mine. 😅 I worked only 2 hours but call that a win and am so grateful I can work on my timeline. The kids needed some TLC. So I made brownies and folded laundry and prepared for the first day of high school tomorrow! Half of the kids had evening activities. It’s so hard to pivot, but we did! After evening activities, DH worked out in the garage and inspired me to do a BTN (better than nothing) workout in the back yard. When I was convalescing after Sol’s birth, DH kept his word to me. I’d asked him when we were engaged to not make fun of me if I put on weight but rather to ask me to go for a walk with him. He walked with me back and forth across our back yard as soon as I was cleared to exercise. I remember feeling confident in my ability to get it all back while simply walking in my own yard. Tonight while jogging the same, I was reminded that something is always better than nothing and it can be the thread to big gains!







Post a Comment