He’s been going to football conditioning and then regular season football practice (and fine arts class) all summer, but today is his actual first day of high school! We bought some last minute supplies at Target and setup a robust carpool.
“Are you excited?” the Target checker asked. He had the teenaged excitement vibe going on. “No. I shouldn’t have even asked,” she answered her own question with a laugh. “He’s excited about the school he’s attending!” I added with pep to remind the Firstborn of this fairly robust investment we’re making to turn him into a decent human. On the way out, he said to me, “Mom, I’m excited about the high school I’m going to but not the fact that I have to go to school.” “Would you rather stay home and be dumb?” I replied. “I would rather stay home and be SMART.” We both did the side eye to each other; and I snorted. Good times. 🎉

Post a Comment